Kyoto University gives you a chance to apply for “The Chemistry of Life” free online course. The free online course intended to develop your knowledge that how to generate ideas at the interface between chemistry and biology.
The goal of this course is to develop skills for generating new ideas at the interface between chemistry and biology by analyzing pioneering studies. The course will start on April 1, 2017
Course At A Glance
- Length: 13 weeks
- Effort: 3 hours per week
- Subject: Biology & Life Sciences
- Institution: Kyoto University
- Languages: English
- Price: Free
- Certificate Available: Yes
- Session: The course will start on April 1, 2017
- About University: Founded in 1897, Kyoto University is acknowledged as one of the most accomplished research-oriented universities in Asia. The validity of that reputation is testified by the accolades conferred on our alumni researchers, most notably eight Nobel Prize laureates who undertook vital research during their time at the university.
- Aim of University: The aim of the University is to sustain and develop its historical commitment to academic freedom and to pursue harmonious coexistence within the human and ecological community on this planet.
No specific knowledge or education background is assumed for the free online course.
About This Course
- Benefits: However, at the university level and in industry, you will learn that science is not as simple as we once thought. You are constantly confronted by questions about the unknown and required to use creative, integrated approaches to solving these problems. The language of the course is English.
- Importance of the Subject in Today’s Scenario: Biochemistry, sometimes called biological chemistry, is the study of chemical processes within and relating to living organisms. Biochemistry is closely related to molecular biology, the study of the molecular mechanisms by which genetic information encoded in DNA is able to result in the processes of life. Depending on the exact definition of the terms used, molecular biology can be thought of as a branch of biochemistry, or biochemistry as a tool with which to investigate and study molecular biology.
How to Join This Course
You should register yourself through the given link to join this free on-line course: https://courses.edx.org/register
Why Take This Course
- Advantage of Course: By bringing together knowledge from multidisciplinary fields, you are empowered with the ability to generate new ideas. In this free online course, you will develop skills for generating new ideas at the interface between chemistry and biology by analyzing pioneering studies.
- Certificate: You can pursue a Verified Certificate to highlight the knowledge and skills you gain ($49), add the certificate to your CV or resume, or post it directly on LinkedIn. Receive an instructor-signed certificate with the institution’s logo to verify your achievement and increase your job prospects.
- How to generate ideas for research and business
- How to read and write chemical structures
- How to use chemistry for biology
- How to control biological events by chemical means
- How to integrate chemistry and biology
Motonari Uesugi: He is a Professor of The Institute for Integrated Cell-Material Sciences and Institute for Chemical Research Kyoto University, Editorial Board Member of Chemistry & Biology (Cell Press) and MedChemComm (Royal Society of Chemistry), Editor of Biochemical Journal (London).
Knowledge of basic junior high school science is recommended.
You Might Also Be Interested In
If you are interested you can also join “The Physics of Electronic Polymers (PEP)” free online course.
- Chemistry and biology are traditionally taught as separate subjects at the high school level, where students memorize fundamental scientific principles that are universally accepted. In this free online course, you will get the knowledge to generate ideas at the interface between chemistry and biology.
- Your Certificate provides a detailed transcript of what you’ve learned. This includes how long you spent studying the course and your average test score. The Certificate and transcript give you evidence to show during job or university applications, or appraisals.
For more information about the course, you can check the given link: