The Open University gives you a chance to join the free online course named as “Business Fundamentals: Effective Communication”.The free online course aimed to give you a practical grounding in communication to boost your personal effectiveness, save you time and reduce your stress levels.
The course is designed to help you to gain fundamental business and financial skills, including communication, networking, relationship building, project management, personal financial planning and management, investment and financial services.The course will start on April 3, 2017.
Course At A Glance
- Length: 4 weeks
- Effort: 3 hours per week
- Subject: Business & Management
- Institution: The Open University (OU)
- Languages: English
- Price: Free
- Certificate Available: Yes
- Session: The course will start on April 3, 2017
- About University: The Open University (OU) is the largest academic institution in the UK and a world leader in flexible distance learning. The OU is one of only four UK universities to have consistently achieved more than 90% in the survey’s history.
- Aim of University: The aim of the university is to develop an Open University manifesto for public engagement with research and provide structured opportunities for publics, students, user communities, and other stakeholders to engage with OU researchers and research
The course does not require any previous study of communication.
About This Course
- Benefits: Faced with a daily deluge of information, we have never had greater need of clear communication skills. This free course offers you a practical grounding in using a range of communication media, which will boost your personal effectiveness, save you time and reduce your stress levels. The language of the course is English.
- Importance of the Subject in Today’s Scenario: There are numerous companies that couldn’t manage their success because of the lack of qualitative fundamentals necessary for their success and usually investors never pay attention to those lessons.
How to Join This Course
- You should register yourself through the given link to join this free on-line course: https://www.futurelearn.com/register
- Use the hashtag #FLBFcommsto join and contribute to social media conversations about this course
Why Take This Course
- Advantage of Course: In this free online course you will find new confidence in your ability to make convincing presentations and conduct productive meetings – whether virtual or face to face. You will develop communication approaches that are sensitive to cultural and personal difference and are tailored to the occasion, whether online, in print or face to face.
- Certificate: To receive a Certificate of Achievement you need to mark 90% of the steps on the course as complete and score over 70% on any course tests.
- Apply and understand principles of effective communication in a range of media
- Improve your writing skills for greater work and study success
- Apply simple but powerful frameworks to get more out of email and telephone calls in less time
- Design and create more convincing presentations and run more productive meetings
- Develop cultural and interpersonal sensitivity in your communication behavior
Hilary Collins: Hilary is a strategic design academic with research interests in the economic and cultural role of the creative industries. She teaches OU courses in Strategy and Design Thinking
No specific knowledge or education background is assumed for the free online course
You Might Also Be Interested In
If you are interested you can also join “Social Business: A Sustainable Way To Face The Most Pressing Needs Of Our Time” free online course.
- After completing the course you will discover the principles of writing influential documents for work such as reports and proposals. As you learn simple frameworks for emails and meetings you’ll immediately put them into practice and increase your productivity.
- Your Certificate provides a detailed transcript of what you’ve learned. This includes how long you spent studying the course and your average test score. The Certificate and transcript give you evidence to show during job or university applications, or appraisals.
For more information about the course, you can check the given link: