The University Of Auckland offers a free online course named as “Academic Integrity: Values, Skills, Action”. The course is designed to explore academic integrity and how you can demonstrate it in your work, study and research at the university.
Over the four weeks of the course explore these questions: What is academic integrity? Why is it so important in academia? And how can you, as a student at the university, achieve with integrity and honesty? The course will start on April 3, 2017.
Course At A Glance
- Length: 4 weeks
- Effort: 1 hour per week
- Subject: Academic Integrity: Values, Skills, Action
- Institution: The University Of Auckland
- Languages: English
- Price: Free
- Certificate Available: Yes
- Session: The course will start on April 3, 2017.
- About University: The University of Auckland is New Zealand’s leading university and the only one included in the Times Higher Education top 200. Founded in 1883, it is also the highest ranked New Zealand University in the QS World University Rankings and Shanghai Jiao Tong Academic Ranking of World Universities.
- Aim of University: The Mission and Values of the University of Auckland as set out in the Strategic Plan 2013-2020. The University of Auckland has some key alliances with national and international institutions.
No specific requirements. The course is mainly for university and college students, including undergraduates, postgraduates, and doctoral candidates.
About This Course
- Benefits: Specifically, each week contains videos, articles, activities and quizzes that will help you develop the knowledge and skills needed to be a successful and ethical learner. The language of the course is English.
- Importance of the Subject in Today’s Scenario: Academic integrity is important because it ensures that students possess the responsibility to acquire skills honestly in the classroom that aids them in the workforce. Academic integrity also guarantees students a quality learning experience in which work is evaluated fairly and hard work is recognized and valued.
How to Join This Course
- You should register yourself through the given link to join this free on-line course: https://www.futurelearn.com/register
- Use the hashtag #FLintegrity to join and contribute to social media conversations about this course
Why Take This Course
- Advantage of Course: Additionally, and equally importantly, this course will help you develop study skills and academic writing skills needed to act in accordance with those values, and thus achieve with integrity.
- Certificate: Get extra benefits, upgrade this course. For £39 you’ll get. Upgrading means you’ll receive a Certificate of Achievement when you complete the course.
- The course will help you develop the knowledge and skills needed to be a successful and ethical learner
- You’ll come to understand the meaning of academic integrity and how to avoid academic dishonesty, misconduct, and plagiarism
- The course will help you develop study skills and academic writing skills needed to act in accordance with those values, and thus achieve with integrity.
Jason Stephens: He is an Associate Professor at The University of Auckland. His research focuses on academic motivation and moral development, particularly as it relates to cheating behavior.
No specific knowledge or education background is assumed for the free online course just an interest in Academic Integrity
You Might Also Be Interested In
If you are interested you can also join “Introduction to Educational Design in Higher Education” free online course.
- By the end of the course, you’ll come to understand the meaning of academic integrity and how to avoid academic dishonesty, misconduct, and plagiarism but more importantly, we hope you will also embrace the values associated with academic integrity as your own.
- Your Certificate provides a detailed transcript of what you’ve learned. This includes how long you spent studying the course and your average test score. The Certificate and transcript give you evidence to show during job or university applications, or appraisals.
For more information about the course, you can check the given link: