The Florida Library Association (FLA) Scholarship Committee is pleased to announce “Florida Library Association Scholarships”. If a candidate is an FLA member in good standing for 2017, he/she is eligible to apply for the scholarships programs. The mission of the FLA is providing high quality professional and leadership development for a diverse community of library staff, volunteers, and supporters. The Florida Library Association (FLA) will $ 2000 each year for each the three scholarships.
The Florida Library Association (FLA) is a statewide organization that promotes excellence in Florida libraries by advocating strongly for libraries. In 1989 FLA established the FLA scholarships
Three Scholarships Are:
- Student attending the Florida State University MSLIS graduate program
- Student attending the University of South Florida LIS graduate program
- Minority scholarship for MLS graduate students attending either school (To qualify for a Minority Scholarship, the candidate must belong to one of the following ethnic groups: Black/African American, Hispanic/Latino, Asian/Pacific Islander, or American Indian/Alaska Native)
Applicants may apply for more than one scholarship if qualified, eligibility Requirements:
- Applicant must be a resident of Florida and have some experience in a Florida library
- Be admitted to an accredited program at a Florida college or university or to a library/information graduate degree program at FSU or USF and not scheduled for degree completion in Spring 2017
- Commit to working in a Florida library for a minimum of one year after graduation
- Be an FLA member in good standing for 2017
- Applicants must include verification of membership as part of the application For proof of membership, contact Karen Layton at Karen-at-flalib.org
- Scholarship winners may be required to serve on an FLA committee during the year after graduation
How to Apply:
- To be applying, a candidate can download the graduate application form (docx) through the given link: http://www.flalib.org/assets/Forms/form%2022%20grad_scholarship_application-2016%202.doc
- Application must be signed by applicant
An application packet (as 1 pdf file) must include:
- Current resume
- 3 Letters of Recommendation (Letters must be signed by recommender)
- Proof of enrollment (Letter of acceptance or current transcript)
- Proof of current FLA membership (For proof of membership contact Karen Layton atkaren-at-flalib.org)
Complete application packets must be submitted via email as 1 pdf file to
Kelly Robinson, FLA Scholarship Committee Chair, robinsk2-at-erau.edu
Paper submissions will not be accepted.
Financial Aid and Award Money:
The scholarships will be awarded in the spring of 2017 $2000 annually, non-renewable.
Deadline for submission of the application is Monday, December 12, 2016.
Link for more Information:
Candidate can direct ask questions regarding the application process, to Kelly Robinson, FLA Scholarship Committee, robinsk2-at-erau.edu