At FlipKey, they value the importance of travel and cultural immersion as a way to learn about the world firsthand. To encourage this, they are awarding one student a $1,000 scholarship to put towards studying abroad. Full-time students over the age of 18 enrolled in a current or upcoming study abroad program are eligible. From tuition costs to plane tickets and spontaneous excursions in between, the scholarship money can be used to cover any of the expenses associated with studying and traveling abroad.
FlipKey is a TripAdvisor company and powers the vacation rental experience on TripAdvisor. TripAdvisor-branded sites make up the largest travel community in the world
- The FlipKey Study Abroad Scholarship Contest (the “Contest”) is open to legal residents of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia, who are at least 18 years old at time of entry (each individually an “Entrant”, and collectively “Entrants”).
- Sponsor is responsible for the collection and judging of entries and the overall administration of the Contest.
- Entrants should look solely to Sponsor with any questions, comments or problems related to the Contest.
- No purchase is necessary to enter the Contest and a purchase will not improve the ability of an Entrant to win.
- Employees of Sponsor and its parent company, affiliates, subsidiaries, and related companies, agencies, and immediate families (defined as parents, children, siblings and spouse and their respective spouses, regardless of where they reside) and those living in the same household, whether or not related, are not eligible to enter or win.
How to Apply:
- Entrants can enter the Contest by emailing an essay describing why travel is important to the Entrant, of 1,000 words or fewer, to press-at-flipkey.com
- Submit along with the Entrant’s name, college at which they are enrolled full time, mailing address and documentation proving the Entrant’s current or upcoming enrollment in a study abroad program, which together will constitute a Contest entry (an “Entry”).
Financial Aid and Award Money:
The winning student will get a $1,000 scholarship to put towards studying abroad.
The contest begins on October 1, 2016 and ends on August 15, 2017 at 11:59pm EST (the “Contest Period”).
Link for More Information: