Southwest Georgia Farm Credit is pleased to announce the scholarship program. Southwest Georgia Farm Credit is committed to help ensure a bright future for their rural communities and the agricultural industry through their scholarship program. High school seniors are encouraged to apply for Southwest Georgia Farm Credit’s scholarship program. Four $1,000 scholarships will be awarded to students who show a record of scholastic achievement and who, through their extracurricular activities, exemplify community spirit.
As part of a nationwide cooperative, Southwest Georgia Farm credit has been financing farms, agribusiness, land, equipment, construction, and homes for almost 100 years.
- The scholarship is open to high school seniors who live in our association territory, which includes the following Georgia counties: Baker, Calhoun, Chattahoochee, Clay, Decatur, Dougherty, Early, Grady, Lee, Marion, Miller, Mitchell, Quitman, Randolph, Schley, Seminole, Stewart, Sumter, Terrell, Thomas, Webster
- Students may be pursuing a career path in an agriculture-related field, or plan to enhance the quality of life in our rural communities with a degree in accounting, animal biology, chemistry, communications, finance, health sciences, etc.
- High school seniors pursuing either a two- or four-year degree may apply. Public, private, and home-schooled students are all eligible.
- Applicants need not be members of Southwest Georgia Farm Credit.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates can download the scholarship application form through the given link:
- A high school transcript, showing GPA and class rank.
- Two letters of recommendation from someone other than an immediate family member.
- A two-page, single-spaced essay, “My hopes and dreams for rural America.”
- Must indicate that student’s primary residence is within the Association’s 21-county territory.
Mail completed application, along with all supporting documentation to:
Southwest Georgia Farm Credit
305 Colquitt Highway
Bainbridge, GA 39817
Four scholarships of $1,000 amount will be given to deserving high school seniors.
The deadline for accepting applications for 2016 Scholarships is Monday, February 29, 2016.
Link for More Information: