Beta Phi Mu, the library and information studies honor society is sponsoring Eugene Garfield Doctoral Dissertation Fellowship. Beta Phi Mu recognizes and encourages scholastic achievement among library and information studies students. Up to six of these fellowships are awarded each year to doctoral students who are working on their dissertations in Library and Information Science, Information Studies, Informatics, or a related field. Six winners will be selected and each will get up to $3000 award money.
Beta Phi Mu, the library, and information studies honor society was founded at the University of Illinois in August 1948 by a group of leading library and information professionals and educators to recognize and encourage scholastic achievement among library and information studies students.
- To be eligible, candidates must be enrolled in a doctoral-level research program at an institution with ALA, CILIP, or other Beta Phi Mu Executive Board approved accreditation
- Approved accreditations/institutions can be checked through the given link: http://beta-phi-mu.org/membership/
How to Apply:
Interested candidates can apply online through the given link: https://app.smarterselect.com/programs/35237-Beta-Phi-Mu-International-Library–Information-Studies-Honor-Society
- Current Vita.
- Met your program’s requirements for advancement to candidacy.
- Abstract of the dissertation (300-word limit).
- Letter from Dean or Director indicating dissertation topic has been approved.
- Applicant’s candidacy has been advanced. All requirements for the degree except writing and defense of dissertation have been completed.
- Three letters of recommendation.
- Personal statement from applicant not to exceed 500 words relating to post-dissertation plans.
Financial Aid and Award Money:
The total amount of up to $18,000 will be given to the winning candidates. Six winners will be chosen and each will get up to $6000 award amount.
Scholarship applications for 2017 will be accepted from November 15, 2016, to March 15, 2017.
Link for More Information:
For more questions, you can email them at Headquarters-at-betaphimu.org