Applications are now being accepted for the 2016-17 Ethel Curry American Indian Leadership Scholarship managed by the Minnesota Higher Education. The scholarship is open for graduates who are attending an accredited, college or university in the state of Minnesota. The students are prepared to put their degree into practice or use their legal training in the profession of their choice.
For more than 100 years, Mitchell Hamline has been committed to experiential, practice-based learning. They are committed to making legal education accessible and offer an unmatched number of enrollment options.
Qualifications for obtaining scholarship funding are given below:
- You must be an enrolled member of a federally recognized tribe.
- You must be attending an accredited, college or university in the state of Minnesota.
- You must be pursuing a graduate degree.
- You must have demonstrated an overall 3.0 GPA or higher on your most current educational transcripts.
- You must be able to demonstrate leadership qualities within the American Indian community.
- Preference given to Minnesota residents.
How to Apply:
To be considered for scholarship, the candidates must complete scholarship application form that can be downloaded through the given link:
- Most recent official college transcript
- Proof of enrollment in a federally recognized tribe
- An essay expressing the reasons why you should be awarded this scholarship. It should be no longer than 400 words and must include your educational goals, professional/work goals and the impact you want to have within your tribal community.
- Two letters of recommendation:
- An academic reference letter that describes your academic leadership activities and connection to the American Indian community, and
- A personal reference letter describing your character and leadership qualities, and connection to the American Indian community
You can return complete application packet to:
Minnesota Department of Education
Attn: LaDonna Mustin
1500 Hwy 36 West
Roseville MN 55113-4266
Completed applications must be postmarked on or before May 31, 2016.
Link for More Information:
If you have questions, please feel free to call LaDonna Mustin at 651-582-8832 or email her at: ladonna.mustin-at-state.mn.us.