ENTELEC is committed to providing quality educational programming for all levels of energy professionals from novice to executive. The creation of the Wayne V. Black Memorial Scholarship Award is consistent with this goal. Currently enrolled full- time undergraduate student in good academic standing at an accredited college or university in the United States or Canada, are eligible to enter. $5000 scholarship award will be given to the winning candidate.
ENTELEC is a user association focusing on communications and control technologies used by petroleum, natural gas, pipeline and electric utility companies. ENTELEC’s primary goal is to provide education for its members.
- To be eligible for consideration, the applicant must be a currently enrolled full- time undergraduate student in good academic standing at an accredited college or university in the United States or Canada.
- The Applicant must be working towards a Bachelor’s degree in one of the following curricula:
- Engineering/ Engineering Technology
- Computer Science/MIS
- Political Science
- Telecommunications/Information Technology
- The Applicant must be a U.S. citizen or Permanent Resident or Canadian citizen.
- Family members of active members of the ENTELEC Board of Directors are not eligible to apply.
How to Apply:
Applying for the scholarship, the candidates must download the application form through the given link and complete it:
Complete the Application and prepare the following documents (All submitted documents must be typewritten):
- Biography: 1 page. (12-point font, double-spaced).
- Essay on the topic assigned by the Scholarship Committee. The essay (including citations, references, bibliography, etc.) shall not be more than 5 pages (12-point font, double-spaced).
- A copy of the official transcript of record MAY be required for finalists upon request by ENTELEC
- Documents may be submitted electronically via email to Julie Jordan-Wade at Julie-at-entelec.org
- You may mail documents to:
5005 W. Royal Lane
Irving, TX 75063
Financial Aid and Award Money:
The amount of the scholarship award as established by the Board of ENTELEC will be $5,000.
Submission packages must be received no later than 4:00 PM, CST, January 20, 2017, prior to the school year for which the scholarship is sought.
Link for More Information: