Energy Trust is proud to announce the Net Zero Fellowship, which supports research promoting the pursuit of net-zero energy consumption in commercial new construction. Energy Trust seeks proposals from qualified individuals demonstrating excellence in research capabilities and an interest in advancing net zero energy buildings in Oregon. Energy Trust’s Net Zero Fellowship (“NZF”) aims to address market, technological or policy barriers to net zero buildings and to grow the community of practitioners advancing net zero energy design and construction in Oregon. Energy Trust may award up to two fellowship grants, not to exceed a combined total of $50,000, to support net zero energy research over 12 to 18 months.
Energy Trust of Oregon is an independent nonprofit organization dedicated to providing utility customers with low-cost, clean energy solutions.
- Building industry professionals, including architects, engineers, building science professionals, urban planners, policy professionals and academics, are encouraged to apply.
- Work must be relevant to Oregon, however, the fellow is not required to be an Oregon resident.
- Applicants must be eligible to work in the United States and Oregon for the entire duration of the fellowship.
- Fellows must be available to attend Oregon events to share research, as well as meetings with advisors or Energy Trust as necessary.
How to Apply:
To be applying for the fellowship program, the candidates are required to submit the following documents:
- Basic Applicant Information
- Research Statement and Plan
- Personal Impact
- Relevance to Oregon
- Research Context
- Letters of Recommendation
- Portfolio and/or Supplemental Materials
Applications must be submitted to newbuildings-at-energytrust.org as a combined PDF that consists of all the required documents.
Financial Aid and Award Money:
They will award up to two fellowship grants, not to exceed a combined total of $50,000, for net-zero research projects over 12 to 18 months.
Fellowship application is due on January 9, 2017.
Link for More Information:
For more information, you can call on 1.877.467.0930.