The Edith SeVilleCoale Scholarship is sponsored by Zonta Club of Washington, D.C. to the female medical student. The program is open to those students who are entering a second or third year of medical school & who have also Demonstrates financial need. The purpose of the program is to support an organization that works in communities around the world to help women of marginalized communities claim their human rights and achieve self-sufficiency. The award (varies between $5,000- $8,000) for “The Edith SeVilleCoale Scholarship” is granted by mid-May of each year.
The Zonta Club of Washington Foundation is a 501(c)(3) tax-exempt non-profit organization. It was founded exclusively for charitable purposes to (1) carry out the charitable objectives of the Zonta Club of Washington, D.C.; and (2) encourage donors to contribute to support service activities of the Zonta Club of Washington, D.C.
- Female medical student entering second or third year of medical school
- Must have well above average academic performance
- Demonstrates financial need
- Enrolled in one of the following medical schools:
- The George Washington University Medical School of Medicine and Health Sciences
- Georgetown University School of Medicine
- Howard University College of Medicine
- John Hopkins University School of Medicine
How to Apply:
Scholarship applications are available by mid-January of each year at school Financial Aid Offices. In order to apply,
- Candidates must submit their application through their school’s Financial Aid Office to be considered for this scholarship.
- If you are interested, please contact your school Financial Aid representative for an application.
By mid-March of each year, the Financial Aid Offices for the four medical schools submit application packets to the Zonta Club for its review by the scholarship selection committee.
Financial Aid and Award Money:
Varies award between of $5,000 to $8,000, the decision and award are granted by mid-May of each year.
Link for more Information: