The Economic Club of Grand Rapids is offering “39th Annual ECONOMIC CLUB Essay Contest” co-sponsored by GVSU-Seidman College of Business. The contest is available to all area high school students. The mission of theEconomic Club of Grand Rapids is to shape an environment designed to initiate, inform, and inspire conversation on contemporary economic issues with local implication and global perspectives. Winners of the contest will receive various award amount and gift cards of $500.
The Economic Club of Grand Rapids is an association of individuals interested in and contributing to, the growing economic health of the Grand Rapids metropolitan area. Men and women from every sphere of activity are invited to hear the views of outstanding, nationally-known speakers who address our regular meetings.
Students who are enrolled in high school may eligible to apply the 39th annual economic club essay contest.
How to Apply:
In order to apply, the candidate may complete the following points:
- Students must submit one original essay on the given topic: “Social Media: How Does it Help or Hinder Ethical Leadership?”
- Essays should be between 1500 and 2500 words and in MLA format (no Pdfs).
- Each entry is required to have a title page containing name, email address and mailing address of the entrant, the high school, and instructor name
Essays must be emailed to The Economic Club at essay-at-econclub.net by requested date.
Financial Aid and Award Money:
1st Place – $2,000 + $500 gift card
2nd Place – $1,000 + $500 gift card
3rd Place – $500 + $500 gift card
4th Place $250 Each (10 Winners)
Choose Educational Technology of your choice with a $500 Gift Card.
- At the end of March 2017, the students chosen will receive an invitation to The Economic Club of Grand Rapids Awards Luncheon.
- The winners will be announced at the luncheon on April 17, 2017, at the JW Marriott. The students, their parents, and teacher representatives will be invited to attend.
The essays contest due on 12 noon, February 1, 2017, and awards will luncheon on April 17, 2017.
Link for more Information: