The Dwight P. Jacobus Scholarship is offed by the Association of School Business Officials (ASBO) for undergraduate students pursuing a career in Business or Education at an accredited institution within Maryland or the District of Columbia. The ASBO is a professional organization which provides programs and services to promote the highest standards of school business practices through professional development, recognition and the effective management of available resources. Ten (10) scholarships are awarded each year and each scholarship worth of $1,000.00 amount.
The Association of School Business Officials of Maryland and the District of Columbia is a professional organization which provides programs and services to promote the highest standards of school business practices through professional development, recognition, and the effective management of available resources.
Scholarships may be awarded only to persons who have:
- Been residents of Maryland or the District of Columbia for at least one year preceding the date of award
- Been accepted for admission as a full-time student (as defined by the recipient’s attending school)
- Demonstrated a financial need
- A minimum 2.0 overall GPA
- High school graduates
- Current freshman, sophomore, junior, or senior college students
How to Apply:
Applying for the scholarship, candidates can download the application form through the given link and complete it.
The following support documentation must be attached with the ASBO application form:
- Copy of most current high school/college transcript
- Copies of parents’ and applicant’s current income tax returns
- Copy of acceptance letter from an accredited institution of higher education in Maryland or the District of Columbia
- Copy of SAT or ACT test results
- A 500-word typed essay by the applicant explaining, why he/she is uniquely qualified to receive the Dwight P. Jacobus Scholarship. The essay must include academic achievements and activities; community and civic activities and personal aim and goals.
The applicant can mail the complete application packet to:
Ms.Margaret Ellen Kalmanowicz
ASBO MD/DC Scholarship Committee Chair
Queen Anne’s County Public Schools
202 Chesterfield Road
Centreville, MD 21617
Financial Aid and Award Money:
Ten (10) scholarships may be awarded each year. Each scholarship has a value of $1,000.00 for the school year awarded to be paid directly to the school in which the recipient is enrolled.
Applicants can submit on or before February 15, 2017.
Link for More Information:
If you have any question, email at margaretellen.kalmanowicz-at-qacps.org