The Daniels Scholarship Program is an exciting and challenging program that provides the opportunity to obtain a four-year college education at any accredited nonprofit college or university in the United States. The program offers resources, encouragement, and inspiration far beyond the financial assistance needed to earn a college degree. It provides a four-year annually-renewable college scholarship for graduating high school seniors who demonstrate exceptional character, leadership, and a commitment to serving their communities. Daniels Scholarships are annually renewable up to a maximum of four academic years (8 semesters or 12 quarters).
The Daniels Fund, established by cable television pioneer Bill Daniels, is a private charitable foundation dedicated to making life better for the people of Colorado, New Mexico, Utah, and Wyoming through its grants program, scholarship program, and ethics initiative.
To be eligible for the Daniels Scholarship Program, students must satisfy the following requirements at the time of application:
- Demonstrate financial need
- Be a citizen or permanent resident of the United States
- Be a resident of Colorado, New Mexico, Utah, or Wyoming
- Be a high school senior graduating from a school in Colorado, New Mexico, Utah, or Wyoming
- Earn ACT scores of at least 17 in each category (Math, English, Reading, Science) or anSAT Math score of at least 400 and Critical Reading score of at least 440. Writing scores are not required. All test scores must come from a single test and must be submitted by the application deadline. Super scoring is not accepted.
How to Apply:
- Applying for the scholarship, the candidates must fill the on-line application form. The link is: http://www.danielsfund.org/Apply.asp
- The application will be available on September 30, 2016
- The Daniels Scholarship is a comprehensive college scholarship that pays toward the costs of tuition and fees, room and board, books and supplies, and miscellaneous educational expenses.
- It is a supplemental or “last dollar” scholarship, and therefore secondary to all other grants and scholarships awarded to the scholar. After considering the student’s other scholarships, financial aid (federal, state, and institutional), and any work-study they accept, as well as their federally-determined Expected Family Contribution (EFC), the Daniels Fund will pay toward the remaining costs of the scholar’s education.
- The amount of the scholarship is unique to each Daniels Scholar, and can vary from year to year.
Scholarship application period begins on September 30, 2016 and ends on November 30, 2016, 4:00 p.m. MST.
Link for More Information: