State Council of Higher Education for Virginia is offering the Cybersecurity Public Service Scholarship for undergraduate or graduate program in computer sciences. The purpose of the scholarship is to support students who are pursuing an education in programs specifically designed for careers in cybersecurity defense. Annual scholarships up to $20,000 will be given to the winning candidate as $10,000 each for spring and fall terms.
The State Council of Higher Education for Virginia (SCHEV) is the Commonwealth’s coordinating body for higher education. SCHEV serves as a catalyst to promote greater access, quality, affordability, and accountability throughout the system.
To be eligible, students must:
- Be domiciled in Virginia or eligible for a military-related exception for in-state tuition
- Enroll full-time in an eligible program at an eligible institution
- Be within two years of graduation from an undergraduate program or graduate program
- Have and maintain a cumulative grade point average of at least 3.0
- Not have received, or plan to receive, a Federal CyberCorps Scholarship for Service
How to Apply:
Interested candidates can download scholarship application form through the given link:
- A completed Cybersecurity Public Service Scholarship Promissory Note
- Official documentation from an eligible institution and official academic transcript verifying:
- Your enrollment as a full-time student into an eligible computer science program
- Your class level and expected graduation date
- Your cumulative grade point average as of the beginning of the year in which the award is to be used
- That you are a Virginia domiciled resident or otherwise meet one of the military-related exceptions for in-state tuition
- Whether you have received or are being considered for, any other form of cybersecurity scholarship
Candidates can return complete application packet to:
State Council of Higher Education for Virginia
Virginia Cybersecurity Public Service Scholarship Program
101 N 14th St., Monroe Bldg, 10th Floor
Richmond, Virginia 23219
A $20,000 annual award will be divided into two $10,000 awards, one for each of the fall and spring terms. Fall-only awards of $10,000 will be considered if a student is scheduled to graduate by December.
Applications for the 2016-17 academic year will be accepted until September 15, 2016.
Link for More Information: