Texas Space Grant Consortium and the Aviation and Space Foundation of Texas in partnership with the National Aeronautics and Space Administration have established the Columbia Crew Memorial Scholarship Program. These scholarships are intended to recognize high-quality students and encourage their consideration of graduate studies in science, technology, engineering and mathematics fields which will ultimately lead to careers in STEM related fields. Stipend up to $1500 will be given to the winning candidates.
The Texas Space Grant Consortium is a group of 59 institutions which include universities, industrial organizations, non-profit organizations, and government agencies within Texas.
All TSGC Scholarship recipients must be:
- Citizens of the United States
- Registered for at least a half-time course load or more at a TSGC member institution in good standing as
- A sophomore at a 2-year institution or
- A sophomore at a 4-year institution or
- A junior or senior at a 4-year institution or
- A first or second-year student at a medical school
- Check the TSGC member institution through the given link: http://www.tsgc.utexas.edu/grants/s_institutions.html
How to Apply:
To be applying for the scholarship, register yourself and fill the online scholarship application form. The link is: https://spacegrant.net/apps/?pk=txs1
- One letter of recommendation e-mailed or faxed to TSGC office
- Transcripts from all universities that you have attended
Financial Aid and Award money:
Any half-time salary appointment provided by your home institution is eligible. These can include but are not limited to: research grants, teaching assistant appointments, departmental appointments, federally funded research grants, and non-federally funded fellowships administered by your institution. The following do not qualify: self-funded students, federal student loans, federal student grants, and federally funded fellowships
Scholarship applications must be submitted on-line by Friday, April 28, 2017. Supporting material must arrive within 7 calendar days of the application deadline.
Link for More Information:
For additional information, you can contact them at scholarships-at-tsgc.utexas.edu