The Cochlear Graeme Clark Scholarship, awarded by Cochlear, is a unique award that is available to Nucleus Cochlear Implant recipients around the world. The scholarship has been set up to help individuals further themselves by undertaking university studies. Scholarship of $2,000 amount per year for up to four years will be given to the winning candidates.
Professor Graeme Clark is the foundation Professor of the Department of Otolaryngology at the University of Melbourne. Professor Clark’s lifelong commitment to finding a solution for the hearing impaired has resulted in a revolution not only for those afflicted but also their family and friends.
To be considered eligible for the scholarship, the candidates must follow the given criteria:
- Scholarship applicants must have Nucleus Cochlear Implant.
- Available to high school seniors graduating in the spring of 2015 and students who will be an undergraduate or graduate student during the 2015/2016 school year.
- Scholarship applicants must have applied or be enrolled in an accredited college, university or technical school.
- Scholarship applicants must receive a 2.5 GPA or better to enroll for and maintain the scholarship.
How to Apply:
For applying the scholarship, the candidates must fill the application form. The form can be downloaded by the link:
- Application form signed in ink
- Final school academic transcript
- Copy of applicant’s university admissions notice
- A succinct list of the principal activities and awards (including but not limited to prizes, scholarships, offices held, athletic achievements, extracurricular activities and volunteer experiences) with dates. This list must not exceed one page in length and should be set in a typeface no smaller than 10 points.
- A short personal statement describing the applicant’s academic aspiration and other interests. This should describe the area of proposed study, the applicant’s aspirations post-graduation, reasons why they wish to be a recipient of the Graeme Clark Scholarship and how their Cochlear technology has impacted their life. This statement must not exceed 1,000 words.
- One photocopy of the applicant’s birth certificate, passport or other proof of age and residency
- Three letters of reference. (At least two of these letters must be from a teacher or someone who has provided educational instruction to the applicant.)
- Scholarship Applicant Release Form
The application form and required material must be sent to:
The Cochlear Graeme Clark Scholarship
13059 East Peakview Avenue
Centennial, CO 80111 U.S.A.
Scholarship value is $2,000 per year for up to four years, assuming the scholarship recipient maintains a 2.5 GPA or better.
The application form along with the required material must be submitted no later than October 1, 2015.
Link for more Information: