Delgado Community College and the Coca-Cola Foundation are proud to offer an opportunity to receive the scholarship named as “Coca-Cola Foundation Scholarship for First Generation African American Females”. Freshmen who are enrolled in a minimum of 15 credit hours in fall 2017 and first generation student (neither parent attended college) are eligible to apply for the scholarship. Delgado Community College provides a learning-centered environment to prepare students from diverse backgrounds to attain their educational, career, and personal goals. Coca-Cola Foundation and Delgado Community College will award 23 African-American women and $8,400 grant that will be used to cover their education.
Delgado Community College (DCC) is a Louisiana public community college with campuses throughout the New Orleans metropolitan area, the East and West Banks of New Orleans, the East Bank of Jefferson Parish and on the North Shore of Lake Pontchartrain in Covington and Slidell in St. Tammany Parish.
In order to participate in the scholarship, entrants must meet the following criteria:
- First-time Freshmen
- Full-time (enrolled in a minimum of 15 credit hours in Fall 2017)
- First generation student (neither parent attended college)
- Maintain a minimum 2.5 GPA
- Maintain enrollment in 15 credit hours per semester
- Meet with an academic advisor a minimum of twice a semester
- Meet with their assigned mentor a minimum of twice a semester
- Volunteer at a minimum of one college event per semester
How to Apply:
Eligible students who are interested can go through the given link and apply for the scholarship
Financial Aid and Award Money:
The Coca-Cola Foundation, Delgado Community College will award 23 African American women an $8,400 grant to cover the cost of their education.
In an effort to support these students in meeting their academic goals, Delgado Community College will also provide:
- Female faculty/staff mentors
- Academic Advisors
- Career and self-exploration workshops
- Program orientation
Entries for the scholarship will be submitted by July 21, 2017.
Link for More Information: