American Association of Colleges of Nursing (AACN) is now accepting an application for CastleBranch-GNSA Scholarship Program. The scholarship recognizes the outstanding work of graduate nursing students who are advancing the nursing profession through a commitment to innovation, leadership, and/or mentoring. Two $2,500 scholarships will be awarded each semester for a total of four scholarships per academic year.
As the collective voice for academic nursing, AACN serves as the catalyst for excellence and innovation in nursing education, research, and practice.
All scholarship applicants must meet the following eligibility criteria:
- Must be enrolled in a graduate nursing program at an AACN member school of nursing. The link is: https://www.aacn.nche.edu/about-aacn/member-schools
- Must be a GNSA member (If you are interested in joining the GNSA, click on the given link (https://www.aacn.nche.edu/students/gnsa/join) to complete an application, membership is free).
- Must have at least a 3.5 GPA
- Applicant must be a U.S. Citizen or Permanent Resident
How to Apply:
For applying the scholarship, the candidates must complete on-line scholarship application form through the given link:
- Applicants must write an essay (500-word maximum) expressing how they have contributed to the nursing profession through innovation, leadership, and/or peer mentoring.
- Applicants must provide one academic or professional reference.
- If selected for the scholarship, AACN will verify the student’s good standing in their program with the dean of the nursing school.
- Winners will be asked to make a post summarizing their essay in the GNSA Collaboration Community.
Two $2,500 scholarships will be awarded each semester for a total of four scholarships per academic year.
September 30, 2016, and December 30, 2016, are the application deadline.
Link for More Information: