The “University Career Center & the President’s Promise” at the University of Maryland, is pleased to announce the “Bright Futures ‘Unpaid Internship’ Scholarship”. The program is available to undergraduate students who are returning to campus for the fall 2017 semester and have an unpaid internship for summer 2017 with a non-profit organization or government agency. The scholarship is a need-based scholarship is to helps offset expenses incurred during unpaid internships. The award amount ranging from $250-$1,250 will be paid to successful candidates.
The University of Maryland is the flagship campus of the state’s higher educational system and a top-ranked public research institution.The University of Maryland is committed to educating outstanding students, to advancing, applying new knowledge that promotes economic development and improves the quality of life in the state and around the world.
To be eligible to apply for the scholarship, the applicant must meet all the following criteria:
- All undergraduate students of registered University of Maryland, College Park
- Undergraduate students returning to campus for the fall 2017 semester, who have an unpaid internship for summer 2017, are eligible to apply.
- Preference will be given to juniors and seniors graduating in December 2017
- Preference will also be given to those who have not previously received this scholarship
- Graduating seniors (May 2017 & August 2017) are not eligible
How to Apply:
In order to apply, the applicants may download the application and ‘Supervisor Statement of Agreement’ forms through the given links:
- The scholarship application form:https://umd-csm.symplicity.com/events/BFSum17
- The ‘Supervisor Statement of Agreement’ form: https://careers.umd.edu/sites/careers.umd.edu/files/Supervisor%20Statement%20of%20Agreement%20form.pdf
With the application applicants must include the following material to be considered:
- Your complete Resume
- Supervisor Statement of Agreement form in pdf format
Complete ‘Supervisor Statement of Agreement’ form is submitted by your internship supervisor toErica Ely at eely-at-umd.edu
Financial Aid and Award Money:
Award amount ranging from $250-$1,250 will be given to students for incurred expenses during their unpaid internship.
The Application for the scholarship will close on Monday, April 24, 2017, at 5 p.m.
Link for More Information:
If you have any question related to scholarship program contact to Erica Ely Program Director, Internships at eely-at-umd.edu or 301.314.0362