Bottar Leone, PLLC, is pleased to announce its first-ever scholarship for high school graduate with physical or learning disabilities (the “Bottar Leone Scholarship”). The scholarship is intended to reduce barriers to education for students with physical or learning disabilities by providing additional financial security as they pursue their studies in college. $2,500.00 scholarship will be awarded twice annually that can be helpful to students such as educational purposes, tuition, fees, and books.
Bottar Leone, PLLC, is an award-winning law firm that has, for more than three decades, limited the scope of its practice to representing only injured patients, workers, motorists, and consumers, as well as their spouses, children and families.
The Bottar Leone Scholarship is offered nationwide to United States citizens that meet the following criteria:
• High school graduate
• In academic “good standing” with a high school grade point average (GPA) of 3.0+ on a 4-point scale (or equivalent)
• Enrolled full-time at an accredited two-year or four-year university or community college in the United States
• Documented physical or learning disability (students with ADD/ADHD alone are not eligible)
• Demonstrated financial need
How to Apply:
To be entering in scholarship contest, applicants must submit their name, address, date of birth, telephone number, and email address, together with the following:
• Choose one (1) of the questions below and write an essay of 500-1,500 words:
1. How has your physical or learning disability changed your plan for your career and the future?
2. A physical or learning disability can require extra effort to manage or overcome in the classroom setting. Describe how you have learned to balance your special needs with your social, recreational and/or athletic interests/commitments.
3. What do you feel is the biggest challenge that individuals with physical or learning disabilities face? How do you believe this challenge can be overcome?
4. What would this scholarship mean to you?
• Unofficial copy of high school transcript
• Verification of physical or learning disability
• Evidence of enrollment
• Evidence of financial need
The $2,500.00 scholarship will be awarded twice annually to a recent high school graduate with a documented physical or learning disability.
Applications for the Bottar Leone Scholarship should be postmarked no later than July 1st for the Fall semester, and December 1st for the Spring semester.
Link for More Information:
Questions about the Bottar Leone Scholarship should be sent by email to scholarship-at-bottarleone.com.