Are you interested in writing and poetry and have a strong desire to do something in this field? If yes, then here you have a chance to win a scholarship. The “USC Dornsife College of Letters, Arts and Sciences” is very glad to announce the “Beau J. Boudreaux Poetry Award”. The award is available to graduating seniors who intend to pursue a career in writing or have a creative writing major with an emphasis in poetry. The scholarship program is made for the encouragement of those students who need a financial assistance for their studies in writing and poetry. Award amount may vary according to the provider.
The “USC Dana and David Dornsife College of Letters, Arts and Sciences” is the largest and oldest of the USC (University of Southern California)schools was funded in 1880. The USC Dornsife functions as the academic core of the university, offering courses and advancing knowledge across the humanities, social sciences, and natural sciences. The mission of the college is to provide a world-class education to the students.
To be eligible for application one must be:
- The applicant must be a graduating senior who are the graduate in the 2016-2017 academic year
- The applicant must have a creative writing major with an emphasis in poetry
- The applicant must have a calculate 3.0 GPA
- The students who intend to pursue a career in writing or academia and who wishes to supplement his or her undergraduate degree with travel and/or advanced study in a graduate program, are eligible.
How to Apply:
In order to apply, the applicant must download the application form from the given link:
To apply, the applicants submit the following documents with the application form:
- One letter of recommendation from a USC faculty member
- A resume (include information regarding your academic achievements, involvement in campus and community organizations, work experience, and special talents and interests)
- A printout of your USC Completed Course Summary, available on OASIS through the myUSC portal
- A selection of five poems
The applicant may send application packets with all required documents to:
USC Dornsife Continuing Student Scholarships
3601 Watt Way, GFS 315
Los Angeles, CA 90089-1694
Financial Aid and Award Money:
Award amount varies.
Application materials must be postmarked no later than Monday, April 10, 2017, at 5 pm.
Link for More Information:
If you have any questions, contact USC Dornsife Admission at admission-at-dornsife.usc.edu or call (213) 740-5930.