If you are pursuing an education in the professional nail industry, Beauty Changes Lives gives you an opportunity to apply for this BCL | CND | Tippi Hedren Nail Scholarship Program. The scholarship is open to professional pursuing education in the nail industry and will be eighteen (18) years of age or older by the start date of the program. CND is dedicated to empowering the next generation of nail professionals and a huge part of our commitment is focused on funding professional education. Five scholarships are announced by the foundation and each of up to $2570.
Beauty Changes Lives is a charitable 501 c3 nonprofit foundation that unites beauty and wellness professionals and those they serve as it Elevates, Educates and Exposes the power of touch to transform careers, lives and communities. Its mission is to elevate the perception of the beauty industry as a viable and rewarding career choice.
You are encouraged to apply if you are
- Legal residents of the United States and Canada
- Will be eighteen (18) years of age or older by the start date of the program
- Have applied for and have been accepted to an eligible institution
- Eligible to sit for a state recognized licensure examination in the Industry upon completion of State required hours
- Not currently licensed in the Nail Industry in any State
How to Apply:
- You can sign up yourself to be applying for the scholarship by the given link: https://beautychangeslives.academicworks.com/users/sign_up
- Applicants must write a storyboard, the storyboard is a collage you create on your computer with pictures and text answering the scholarship specific question.
- If you choose a storyboard with essay (100-word count), it must be uploaded by the scholarship deadline to be considered for judging.
- Try to use the storyboard to truly impress the judges, this is a representation of who you are and what inspires you to take your time and make something you can be proud of
- Attach/upload your Cosmetology or Nail tech license for this question.
- Proof of enrollment is a letter of acceptance to the school you have registered to and it usually states you are enrolled at the school and which program you are enrolled in.
Financial Aid and Award Money:
- Scholarship Program awards five scholarships to individual and each of up to $2570
- The Award shall not include payment of the following items:
- Tuition for courses and examinations that are not included in the Recipient’s program plan and those that have already started or been completed by the Recipient
- Books, supplies, equipment, kits, uniforms, computers and electronic devices of any kind;
- Student activities, events, and entertainment
- Pre-payment/deposits for future courses
- School or college level entrance examinations, comprehensive exams, and related preparatory courses
- Courses, tests or fees normally paid by an employer as part of a job training program;
- Fees of any kind including, but not limited to, registration fees, technology fees, parking fees, etc.
- Non-academic credit or ungraded courses, including courses taken on an audit basis or as an internship, practicum, apprenticeship, or clinical supervision; also, orientation programs that are non-academic credit or ungraded
- Courses are taken more than one time
- Academic credit by examination tests (e.g. CLEP, etc.)
- Transportation, lodging, child care, and medical services
- Course extensions
- Study Abroad Programs
- License fees
Application for the scholarship will be accepted through August 7, 2017 – October 2, 2017.
Link for More Information: