Better Business Bureau (BBB) Foundation is now offering the “Students of Integrity Scholarship” to recognize high school students who personify and communicate ethics in the real world. High school juniors and seniors from across the Northwest are encouraged to apply by creating a 90-second video that demonstrates how BBB helps people become smart consumers.The purpose of the BBB is to help people find and recommend businesses, brands, and charities they can trust. A scholarship of $10,000 will be awarded to the winning application submitted by students residing in Alaska, Oregon, Idaho, Montana, Washington, or Western Wyoming.
Better Business Bureau (BBB) Foundation is a 501(c)(3) tax-exempt organization dedicated to educating consumers about marketplace issues, informing donors and suggesting standards for charities. For more than 100 years, BBB has been helping people find businesses, brands, and charities they can trust.
Each student applying, whether individually or as a group, must meet the following eligibility requirements:
- Attend a high school in Alaska, Oregon, Washington, Idaho, Montana, or Western Wyoming
- Graduate in 2017 or 2018 with plans to attend an accredited higher education institution
- Have a GPA of 3.25 or higher
- Group applications must have no more than three students
- Finalists will be required to produce an official transcript on a 4.0 scale from an academic institution in Alaska, Oregon, Washington, Idaho, Montana, or Western Wyoming
How to Apply:
- Candidate can visit the given site and create their scholarship application account. They will be required to create your own login and password. The link is: https://bbbpnw.awardspring.com/
- If applying as a group, each student must complete all sections of the online application.
- Copy and paste the link to your unlisted YouTube video into the application. Verify that the link is correct.
- Videos must encourage viewers to report schemes to Better Business Bureau Northwest by calling 206-431-2222 or visiting bbb.org/northwest
- Videos must provide three consumer tips relating to the topic of choice
- Videos may not be longer than 90 seconds. Points will be deducted for every two seconds over
- If using music, it must be an original work of the student(s) or be licensed under the Creative Commons License
- If neither licensed under the Creative Commons License nor an original work of music, students must submit verification of permission from the Copyright owner to use the music
- If statistics are used, please cite references
- Copy and paste the link to your unlisted YouTube video into the application. Verify that the link is correct
Create a 90-second video on how BBB helps people become smart consumers. Remember to tell a story that makes an impact.Focus on one of the following areas:
- Identity theft and fraud
- Online marketplace scams
- Phony online reviews
- Charity scams
Financial Aid and Award money:
Candidates submit a 90- second video and could win a $10,000 scholarship
- The application deadline is 11:59 PST on Monday, February 13, 2017.
- Finalists Announced will be on Friday, February 24, 2017-Videos available for YouTube viewing
- Scholarship recipient announcement will be Monday, March 13, 2017
Link for More Information: