The National Academies of Sciences, Engineering, and Medicine is now offering ARL Distinguished Postdoctoral Fellowship Program for Ph.D. or Sc.D. students. Fellowship will provide the opportunity for recipients to pursue independent research of their own choosing that supports the mission of ARL. The Fellow benefits by having this opportunity and by working alongside some of the Nation’s best scientists and engineers. ARL benefits by the expected transfer of new science and technology that enhances the capabilities of the U.S. Army and the warfighter in times of both peace and war. The stipend of $100,000 will be given to the winning candidates.
The National Academies of Sciences, Engineering, and Medicine are private, nonprofit institutions that provide expert advice on some of the most pressing challenges facing the nation and the world.
- By the application deadline, applicants must have completed all the requirements for a Ph.D. or Sc.D. degree in the physical sciences, life sciences, computational sciences, behavioral sciences or engineering. Applicants must be within three years from the date of award of Ph.D. or Sc.D. by the application deadline.
- There are no citizenship requirements, however, selected fellows must successfully complete a Department of Defense clearance process, requiring a background security investigation.
- Applicants must demonstrate exceptional qualifications with respect to academic and scholarly achievement, as evidenced by research and publication.
- Candidates are expected to have conducted research on a major scientific or engineering problem during their thesis work or have provided a new approach or insight evidenced by a recognized impact in their field.
How to Apply:
Applying for the fellowship program, the candidates can sign in through the given link: https://nrc58.nas.edu/FOPrograms10/Home/SignIn.aspx?c=FOProgramsApplicant_ARLDPF
- Curriculum vitae (limit 10 pages)
- Statement of previous research, describing research accomplishments and impact
- Proposal describing research that will be conducted at ARL articulating the rationale approach and expected needs
- D. or Sc.D. transcript
- Letters of recommendation from four references
Financial Aid and Award Money:
- Stipend – $100,000
- Health insurance
- Paid relocation
- Professional travel allowance
Your completed application must be submitted by May 1, 2017.
Link for More Information: