The Thurgood Marshall College Fund (TMCF) in partnership with Apple is proud to present the Apple HBCU Scholars Program. The program is open for those who are enrolled full-time at a four-year accredited HBCU (Historically black colleges and universities) or PBI (Predominately Black Institution). The goal of scholarship is to increase talent in STEM fields, so we will select a large number of students pursuing a degree in these areas of study. Selected scholars will participate in a 12-week internship during the summer before their senior year, and will receive up to $25,000 in scholarship funding.
Thurgood Marshall College Fund helps students to acquire a high-quality college education at an affordable cost, develops leaders of tomorrow and connects high performing students with top tier employment opportunities.
- The Apple HBCU Scholars Program is open to both public and private HBCUs and PBIs. Students attending a four-year accredited HBCU/PBI are eligible for participation.
- Enrolled full-time at a four-year accredited HBCU (Historically black colleges and universities) or PBI (Predominately Black Institution)
- Currently in the second-to-last year of study, graduating in fall 2017 or spring of 2018. (e.g., juniors or seniors pursuing a fifth year of study.)
- Prior internship experience is preferred
- Students must be in their junior year of study or in their next to last year of school.
- Graduate students majoring in the target areas (e.g., computer science, engineering, etc.,) who will not graduate before May 2018 are eligible to apply.
How to Apply:
To be applying for the scholarship program, create a TMCF Account. Once you sign up and create a TMCF Account, you can complete the Apple HBCU Scholars application. The link is:
Fellows will receive up to $25,000 in scholarship funding based on individual financial needs that will be applied to their final year of study. These scholars will have the opportunity to:
- Participate in an Apple HBCU Immersion experience in Cupertino, California in early 2017
- Participate in a 12-week internship with Apple in Cupertino, California during the summer of 2017
- Be awarded a need-based scholarship to help defray the costs (e.g., tuition, mandatory fees, room and board, books and supplies) of their senior year of study
- Participate in various development activities to help prepare for post-graduation careers
- Receive on-going coaching and guidance from an experienced Apple employee
- Serve as Ambassadors on their HBCU or PBI (Predominately Black Institution) campuses to build awareness for the Apple and TMCF HBCU Initiative
The application deadline is October 16, 2016, 11:59 EST.
Link for More Information: