The American Occupational Therapy Foundation (AOTF) is excited to offer scholarships for full-time students currently enrolled in accredited or developing occupational therapy programs. The Scholarship Program is one of the oldest of the Foundation’s programs dating back to the establishment of AOTF in 1965. They envision a vibrant science that builds knowledge to support effective, evidence-based occupational therapy. The scholarships range in value from $150 to $5,000.
The American Occupational Therapy Foundation (AOTF) is a 501(c) 3 charitable, scientific and educational foundation founded in 1965. Its mission is to advance research, education and public awareness for occupational therapy so that all people may participate fully in life regardless of their physical, social, mental or developmental circumstances.
Qualified applicants must meet all eligibility requirements. Applicants must:
- Be currently enrolled as a full-time student at an AOTA accredited or developing professional level (master’s or OTD) or occupational therapy assistant (OTA) program.
- Have completed at least one year of occupational therapy specific coursework. If you are studying to become an occupational therapy assistant, you must be in your final year to be eligible.
How to Apply:
The candidates can login themselves through the given link, to be considered for the scholarship program.
- Applicant contact information including appropriate membership information
- Academic background
- Resume including volunteer service, extracurricular activities, honors and awards received work experience.
- Essay question: response 500 words max. The essay provides an opportunity for the Scholarship Selection Committee to assess an applicant’s personal and professional attributes and is an important part of the application — please complete it carefully and thoughtfully
- Reference/Recommendation Forms: Two are required
- Program Director’s Statement: AOTF will email your school’s occupational therapy program director to complete an online Program Director’s Statement the week of October 31, 2016
- Signature: In lieu of a signature, by agreeing to the terms and conditions prior to submitting your application, you are certifying that your application information is true and correct, and you are giving AOTF permission to obtain a Program Director’s Statement and to contact the two (2) individuals named for references.
Financial Aid and Award Money:
Over 50 scholarships are available this year from AOTF and its collaboration with state occupational therapy associations. The scholarships range in value from $150 to $5,000.
Applications must be submitted online by October 27, 2016, 11:59 pm Pacific Time. Program Director Statements and references are due November 30, 2016, 11:59 pm Pacific Time.
Link for More Information:
If you have questions, you can contact at scholarships-at -aotf.org or 240-292-1034.