AMVETS (or American Veterans) is inviting the application for AMVETS National Ladies Auxiliary Scholarship. The scholarship is available for high school seniors who are children or grandchildren of current members of the AMVETS Ladies Auxiliary. Total of (2) $1,000 scholarships and up to (5) $750 scholarships will be given to the deserving candidates.
AMVETS (or American Veterans) is one of America’s leading veterans service organizations with over 250,000 members. AMVETS is open to anyone who is currently serving, or who has honorably served, in the U.S. Armed Forces from World War II to the present, to include the National Guard and Reserves.
- The applicant must be a current member of the AMVETS Ladies Auxiliary or a son/daughter, step son/daughter or grandchild, step grandchild of a current member of the AMVETS Ladies Auxiliary
- Be in at least his/her second year of undergraduate study at an accredited college or university
How to Apply:
For applying the scholarship, the candidates must fill the application form. The form can be downloaded by the link:
- The applicant must submit a resume of not more than 500 words not less than 200 words about him/her. It should include past accomplishments, career and educational goals, and objectives for the future.
- Three (3) letters of recommendation (excluding family members) must be signed and dated (within one year of the date of application) by writers
- Authorized copy of his/her most current transcript with accumulative grade average and an explanation of the grading system must be received in a sealed envelope
- Copy of Ladies Auxiliary member’s current membership card
- Completed copy of the Application Form
- Signed copy of the Privacy Act Form
- If changing schools a letter of acceptance, on official school letterhead, from an accredited college or university is required
Applications must be sent to the AMVETS National Ladies Auxiliary Headquarters and postmarked. The application packet should be sent to:
AMVETS National Ladies Auxiliary Headquarters
ATTENTION: SCHOLARSHIP OFFICER
4647 Forbes Boulevard
Lanham, MD 20706
A possible total of (2) $1,000 scholarships and up to (5) $750 scholarships may be awarded to the winning candidates.
The completed application packet must be postmarked no later than July 1.
Link for More Information: