In conjunction with AMN Healthcare, Health Care Communicators (HCC) is sponsoring a scholarship contest named as “AMN Healthcare/HCC Scholarship”. High school seniors and college students currently enrolled in San Diego County schools who plan to enter the field of health care upon graduation are invited to apply. HCC is proud to recognize success in the field of communications by presenting one or more students with a scholarship for their passion for health care. The award range of the scholarship announced by HCC is $2,000.
Since 1977, Health Care Communicators (HCC) of San Diego and Imperial Counties has served as a valuable networking resource for the region’s healthcare marketing and communications professionals. Dedicated to increasing awareness about the important issues in health care today, HCC is the only local organization of its kind representing the health care, biotech, and medical device industries through communications, advertising, marketing, graphic design and public relations.
To be eligible for this scholarship, you must:
- High school seniors and college students currently enrolled in San Diego County schools
- Who plan to enter the field of health care upon graduation
- Recipient must be able to attend the HCC Finest Awards event in the fall or have a representative attend on their behalf.
How to Apply:
You must write and submit an essay on the topic: “Why I Plan to Enter the Field of Health Care After College Graduation.” Please include your name, address, phone number, email address and the name of your school on the first page of your essay.
You need to submit the following documents along with your application
- A letter of recommendation must accompany each entry. The letter may be written by a teacher, principal, counselor or professional presently working in the health care field. Please limit the letter of recommendation to one page.
- An unofficial copy of your transcripts or other records of classes taken and grades received, much also accompany each entry.
Please email your entries, including letter of recommendation and copy of transcripts, to Heidi Everly, HCC Scholarship Chair: hcc.scholarship-at-gmail.com
Financial Aid and Award Money:
The winners of the scholarship contest will get a cash prize of Rs. $2,000.
Applications must be submitted by 11:59 pm on Monday, July 31, 2017.
Link for More Information:
For more information, please contact Heidi Everly, HCC scholarship chair, at hcc.scholarship-at-gmail.com.