American University is inviting applications for its President’s Award Program for undergraduate students. It is presented to a graduating senior whose accomplishments over the course of his/her undergraduate years truly exceptional and reflect the highest ideals of American University. Nominees will have demonstrated exceptional academic achievement, integrity, selflessness, leadership, and service to the Washington, D.C. community. The President’s Award winner will receive $1000 and an engraved medal.
American University creates meaningful change in the world. With highly ranked schools and colleges and internationally recognized faculty, AU offers a balance between class time and career-advancing experience in Washington, D.C., and beyond.
The nominees will meet the following criteria:
- Undergraduate senior eligible to participate in graduation who will be present at the May 2016 commencement ceremony
- Eligible for Latin Honors:
- Achievement of a minimum 3.67 cumulative grade point average and a semester GPA of 3.67 (for the most recent completed semester)
- Completion of at least 60 credit hours required for the degree in residence at American University with no more than 15 credit hours taken pass-fail
- Currently in good community standing
How to Apply:
2016 deadline has passed.You can check back for 2017 deadline.
- Submit nominations to the President’s Office via the online form. You can edit nomination forms until the nomination deadline. The link is: https://myau.american.edu/groups/Committee/Awards/SitePages/Student%20Awards.aspx?_ga=1.197152047.1683605167.1480412533
- For the nomination form, they require the following. Submit documents in PDF format
- Basic student information
- A list of key achievements
- A nomination narrative (letter) and
- Supporting documents (including a current resume and up to three letters of recommendation)
- Other supporting materials may include examples of student work on and off campus that show how the student meets the criteria of the award.
Financial Aid and Award Money:
The President’s Award winner receives $1000 and an engraved medal which is presented at the recipient’s Commencement ceremony.
Application deadline is March 18, 2016, at 5 p.m. You can check back for 2017 deadline.
Link for More Information:
You can contact to Leslie Wong, President’s Office, lwong-at-american.edu or 202-885-2143.