Washington State, in collaboration with the American Indian Community and other private sector partners, has established the American Indian Endowed Scholarship (AIES). The scholarship is open to undergraduate or graduate student at a public or private college or university in Washington State. This program provides educational scholarships on a competitive basis to high-achieving, low-income resident students who have close social and cultural ties to an American Indian tribe or community within the state. Approximately 15 students are selected each year to receive the awards ranges from $500 to $2,000.
The vision of Washington Student Achievement Council is to inspire and foster excellence in educational attainment.
To be eligible, you must meet the following criteria:
- Have demonstrated financial need based on a completed.
- Be a Washington State resident.
- Intend to enroll full-time as an undergraduate or graduate student at a public or private college or university in Washington State.
- Not pursue a degree in theology.
- Intend to use your education to benefit the American Indian community in-state.
- Have not yet received a total of five years of this scholarship.
How to Apply:
American Indian Endowed Scholarship Application will be available soon. Complete the application form, print and mail it to the Washington Student Achievement Council with the required attachments to be entered in the scholarship program.
Applicants must postmark the complete application to:
American Indian Endowed Scholarship Program
Washington Student Achievement Council
917 Lakeridge Way, Olympia, WA 98502
P O Box 43430, Olympia, WA 98504-3430
Financial Aid and Award Money:
Scholarship awards are range from about $500 to $2,000. Approximately 15 students are selected each year to receive the awards. These students are eligible to receive their college scholarships for up to five years.
Scholarship applications must be received by March 1, 2017.
Link for More Information:
If you have any question,
- Email at: aies-at-wsac.wa.gov
- Phone: 360-753-7843