The Allegheny Mountain Section of the Air & Waste Management Association is pleased to announce its annual AMS Scholarship Program. The scholarship is open to all high school or undergraduate students who are accepted full-time in a four-(4) year college or university program. The purpose of the program is to provide scholarships to qualified students who are pursuing environmental careers.The scholarship award committee will award up to $4,000 in scholarships to the qualified candidates.
The Air & Waste Management Association (A&WMA) is a nonprofit, nonpartisan professional organization that provides training, information, and networking opportunities to thousands of environmental professionals in 65 countries.
- All undergraduate students currently enrolled or high school students accepted full-time in a four-(4) year college or university program in Western Pennsylvania or West Virginia, which will lead to a career in the environmental fields are eligible to apply.
- Applicants should have at least a “B” average or a 3.0 on a 4.0 scale.
How to Apply:
To be applying for the scholarship, the candidate may download the application through the given link:
- Prepare a one-page, typed essay discussing your interest in the fields of environmental science, environmental engineering, or other environmentally related field.
- Attach it to this cover page along with a letter of recommendation from an academic advisor,
- A completed recommendation form from a teacher or academic advisor,
- A letter of acceptance from a university or college within the geographical area served by the Section,
- A copy of your most recent college or high school transcript,
- Your resume
The applicant must send complete application with all documents to: Allegheny Mountain Section – Air & Waste Management Association Mr. David Testa, QEP C/O AECOM Corporation Foster Plaza 6, 681 Andersen Drive, Suite 400pittsburgh, Pa 15220
- Mail one (1) original and three (3) copies of the completed application package
- Attach, in sealed envelopes, the Letters of Recommendation, to the application packages
- Send the four (4) complete sets and Letters of Recommendation
Financial Aid Award Money:
Allegheny Mountain Section Air & Waste Management Association Announces up to $4,000 in Undergraduate Scholarship(s) for the 2017-2018 Academic Year for Students Pursuing an Environmental Career.
The application deadline is due on March 31, 2017. Awards will be announced by May 2017.
Link for More Information:
Students interested in scholarships and pursuing a career in Environmental Science, Engineering or Law at an academic level beyond baccalaureate work should contact Joel Anne Sweitheim, Education Programs Manager, and email: jsweithelm-at-awma.org or FAX (412) 232-3450.