If you are interested in scholarship and have an active, unencumbered Alabama Registered Nurse (RN) license, Alabama Board of Nursing Scholarship can be the perfect choice for you. The ANRC will offer Graduate Nursing Students a venue to share the latest educational information and develop school projects into CE offerings. The ANRC works with students to develop and disseminate educational information to nurses throughout the state. Up to 10,000 scholarship award will be given to the winning candidates.
The Alabama Board of Nursing strives to promote and safeguard the health of the public through regulatory excellence.
To be eligible to receive a scholarship, an applicant must:
- Have been a resident of Alabama for at least one (1) year preceding application. Two (2) proofs of residency are required and must include your name, a physical Alabama address (post office boxes are not acceptable)
- Have an active, unencumbered Alabama Registered Nurse (RN) license
- Be a person of good character
- Be accepted for an Alabama graduate program conducted by an accredited college or university. (5) Agree to practice professional nursing or become a nursing instructor in the State of Alabama for at least two years after completing the graduate degree. The scholarship recipient may apply to the Board of Nursing for a waiver from these requirements for extenuating circumstances beyond the control of the recipient
How to Apply:
The application is entirely electronic this year. To login to the application, you must enter your license number and password through the given link:
- Two proofs of Alabama residency for at least one year before application
- Active, unencumbered Alabama RN license
- Proof of graduate program admittance
- The Board shall give preference to applicants pursuing a career in nursing education
- The ANRC will also work with students to develop and disseminate educational information to nurses throughout the state.Scholarship recipients shall be selected from the State of Alabama at large, and to the extent practicable, distributed throughout the State.
- The number of scholarships shall equal five percent of the total enrollment in graduate nursing programs in Alabama.
All applications must be completed, and all documents must be deemed received and accepted by July 31, 2016, 4:30 pm Central time.
Link for More Information: