The American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA) is pleased to offer AICPA Fellowship for Minority Doctoral Students. The fellowship seeks to increase the representation of ethnically diverse CPA professors in college/university classrooms. The program’s goal is to increase the number of minority CPAs who serve as role models and mentors to young people in the academic environment and university classrooms. The AICPA Foundation awards annual fellowships of $12,000 to full-time minority accounting scholars who demonstrate significant potential to become accounting educators.
The mission of American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA) is to provide members with the resources, information, and leadership that enable them to provide valuable services in the highest professional manner to benefit the public, employers, and clients.
Eligible applicants must meet the following requirements:
- Applied to a doctoral program and awaiting word on acceptance; b) been accepted into a doctoral program or c) already matriculated in a doctoral program and pursuing appropriate coursework
- Earned a Master’s Degree and/or completed at least 3 years of full-time experience in the accounting practice
- Minority student of Black or African American; Hispanic or Latino; or Native American ethnicity
- Attend school on a full-time basis and plan to remain enrolled full-time until attaining doctoral degree
- Agree not to work full-time in a paid position or accept responsibility for teaching more than one course per semester as a teaching assistant, or dedicate more than one-quarter of my time as a research assistant
- CPA or plan to pursue the CPA credential
- U.S. citizen or permanent resident (green card holder)
How to Apply:
Interested candidates can register by using the given link: https://www.thiswaytocpa.com/signup/?next=/education/scholarship-search/fellowship-minority-doctoral-students/apply/
- An official academic transcript from each institution from which you have received a degree
- Confidential references from two individuals
Financial Aid and Award Money:
The AICPA Foundation awards annual fellowships of $12,000 to full-time minority accounting scholars who demonstrate significant potential to become accounting educators.
The application period will open on March 1, 2017, and close on May 15, 2017.
Link for More Information:
You may send an email to academics-at-aicpa.org with any comments or questions regarding the AICPA Minority Doctoral Fellowship.