The American Institute of Chemical Engineers (AIChE) is pleased to announce its annual AIChE Minority Scholarship Award. The award is presented to selected AIChE undergraduate student members annually. AIChE has the breadth of resources and expertise you need whether you are in core process industries or emerging areas, such as translational medicine. An award of $1,000 per student per scholastic year will be given that will be renewable to the following year.
AIChE is the world’s leading organization for chemical engineering professionals, with more than 50,000 members from over 100 countries.
- Applicants shall be required to be undergraduates in chemical engineering during the 2016-2017 academic year and be members of a minority group that is under-represented in chemical engineering, i.e., African-American, Hispanic, Native American, Alaskan Native, Pacific Islander.
- Applicants who will complete the chemical engineering baccalaureate degree requirements in the mid-academic year (i.e., after one semester of one or two quarters), if successful, will receive prorated awards.
- Candidates who receive the scholarship are expected to join their college’s AIChE Student Chapter.
How to Apply:
Applying the scholarship, the candidates must complete on-line scholarship application form and upload the supporting documents. The link is: https://chenected.wufoo.com/forms/ms5krl20as33lr/
Copy of each of the following items (each letter should contain an original signature to be scanned and uploaded) should be submitted online:
- A career essay not to exceed 300 words outlining immediate plans after graduation, areas of chemical engineering interest, and long-range career objectives
- A resume
- Unofficial copy of student transcript
- An EFC (Expected Family Contribution) provided in the electronic Student Aid Report(SAR) on FAFSA (The Free Application for Federal Student Aid) (Optional: A letter from the parent/guardian verifying financial need can also be included with the EFC in the SAR Report of FAFSA. Please include a list of financial resources for educational support.)
- A letter of recommendation from the AIChE student chapter advisor, department chair, or chemical engineering faculty member containing, but not limited to, the following:
- Verification of nominee’s GPA and projected completion date.
- An evaluation of the student’s academic performance and participation in AIChE and other professional or civic activities.
- Confirmation of minority group of student.
• Individual awards for the full academic year will be $1,000.
• In addition to this Award, The Outstanding Scholastic Achievement Award that consists of a plaque and $1,500 honorarium may be awarded to eligible applicants. No separate application form is required for that award.
The application must be submitted on or before July 1, 2017.
Link for More Information: