The American Geosciences Institute (AGI) sponsors its annual scholarship program named as The Harriet Evelyn Wallace Scholarship. The scholarship is available to all women pursuing a Master’s or Doctoral degree in the geosciences. The scholarship is intended to support of female graduate students in the United States studying the geosciences. A new scholar is named each year for $5,000 and eligible for up to two years of support.
AGI was founded in 1948, under a directive of the National Academy of Sciences, as a network of associations representing geoscientists with a diverse array of skills and knowledge of our planet.
- Applications are open to all candidate pursuing a Master’s or Doctoral degree in the geosciences.
- Applicants are a U.S. citizen.
- Applicants may either be entering graduate school or already enrolled in a graduate program in the geosciences.
- The successful applicant will have an undergraduate GPA of 3.25 or higher and a graduate GPA of 3.0 or higher.
How to Apply:
Each applicant must complete the appropriate online form and submit several documents in PDF format. The link is:
Candidates must submit the following documents. Each document must be less than 8MB in size and be given a unique filename.
- Each document must be less than 8MB in size and be given a unique filename.
- Professional geosciences society memberships, the indication of graduate school, description of extracurricular activities, CV, and 500-word abstract.
- Undergraduate Academic Transcript.
- Graduate Academic Transcript(s) and/or Graduate Acceptance Letters.
- Highest or most recent GRE score report.
Financial Aid and Award Money:
The successful applicant will be awarded $5,000 for first scholarship year. Candidate will be eligible for a second-year scholarship of $5,000 upon successful completion of the first year.
The application deadline is January 4th, 2017.
Link for More Information:
If there are any questions regarding the Harriet Evelyn Wallace Scholarship or application procedures, submit the inquires to the scholarship coordinator Heather Houlton at wallacescholarship-at-agiweb.org.