Are you a college student? The Arkansas Higher Education is delighted to put forward its annual Arkansas Higher Education Opportunities Grant (GO! Grant) based on financial need program. The candidate, enrolled in an approved institution of higher education as a full-time or part-time student, as defined by the Department of Higher Education, can apply. The Arkansas Higher Education helps low-income students to complete their college degrees. The annual award amount is $1000 for full-time students and $500 for part-time students.
The Arkansas Department of Higher Education serves as the administrative staff for the Arkansas Higher Education Coordinating Board.
- Be a US Citizen or Permanent Resident Alien.
- Be an Arkansas resident for at least the 12 months prior to application for the grant.
- Be enrolled in an approved institution of higher education as a full-time or part-time student, as defined by the Department of Higher Education.
- Be enrolled in a program of study that leads to or is creditable towards a baccalaureate degree.
- These programs include baccalaureate degree programs, associate degree programs, qualified certificate programs and nursing school diploma& have completed the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
- Certify that they are drug-free and must pledge in writing on the application form to refrain from the use of illegal substances. This pledge includes alcohol for applicants less than twenty-one years of age.
- Maintains a 2.0 cumulative grade point average on a 4.0 scale.
How to Apply:
To be applying, candidate can register for Higher Education Opportunities Grant, through the given link: https://www.ark.org/adhe_financialaid/login.aspx
Financial Aid and Award Money:
The amount of the annual grant awarded to each recipient shall be as follows. No student shall receive more than $4000 in Go! Grant funds in his/her lifetime. For the Go! Grant program, full-time is defined as 12 semester credit hours for the first fall semester and 15 semester credit hours thereafter. Part-time is defined as less than full-time but at least 6 semester credit hours.
- A full-time recipient shall be awarded in the amount of one thousand dollars ($1,000) per academic year.
- A part-time recipient shall be awarded in the amount of five hundred dollars ($500) per academic year.
The last date for submitting application form is June 01, 2017.
Link for More Information:
If you have any question, email at finaid-at-adhe.edu