The Actuarial Foundation is pleased to announce the Actuary of Tomorrow – Stuart A. Robertson Memorial Scholarship. Full-time students, who are entering as a sophomore, junior or senior at a U.S accredited educational institution and have successfully completed two actuarial exams, are eligible to apply.The scholarship recognizes and encourages the academic achievements of undergraduate students pursuing a career in actuarial science. $9000 scholarship award will be given to the deserving candidate.
The Actuarial Foundation, a 501(c)(3) organization, was established in 1994 to help facilitate and broaden the profession’s contribution to society. The Foundation explores innovative ways to apply actuarial skills in the public interest.The Actuarial Foundation fulfills its mission by providing free math education and financial literacy resources to teachers, students, and consumers.
- Full-time student entering as a sophomore, junior or senior at a U.S accredited educational institution
- Minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 (on 4.0 scale)
- Successfully completed two actuarial exams
How to Apply:
To apply, the applicant can register and submit online application through the given link: https://actfnd.academicworks.com/opportunities/112
- Personal Essay: submit an essay on the following questions (approximately 500 words, single spaced and typed, make sure your name appears on all documents you are uploading):
- Why do you want to be an actuary?
- How has your work experiences prepared you for an actuarial career?
- What are the qualifications and abilities that have helped you succeed in college and will help you succeed in an actuarial career?
- What extracurricular activities have you enjoyed most, and how will they help you in your career and in your life in general?
- Which college courses have you enjoyed most/least and why?
- Attach list the name and email address of a professor (preferred) or advisor who will provide a letter of recommendation supporting your academic achievement, leadership, and communication skills.
- Attach list the name and email address of the employer or previous employer who will provide a letter of recommendation.
- Submit the answer to the following supplemental questions:
- What, if any, percent of your college expenses did you earn yourself? Please only enter a number representing the percent. For example, if you earned 60% of your college expenses, simply type the number 60.
- How many actuarial exams are you planning to take in the spring?
Financial Aid and Award Money:
- $9,000 scholarship award will be given to the winning candidate.
- The award will be divided to cover multiple semesters or other terms comprising the academic year.
- Recipients attending school for a portion of the upcoming year (e.g., one semester) will receive the corresponding portion of a full-year scholarship amount.
The application deadline for the Memorial Scholarship is due on June 1, 2017. Awards will be announced after August 1st, 2017.
Link for More Information:
For additional information, contact The Actuarial Foundation at Scholarships-at-ActFnd.org