The American Bar Foundation (ABF) is inviting applications for Doctoral/Postdoctoral Fellowships Program in the field of law & inequality for the academic year 2017-2018. The American Bar Foundation (ABF) is committed to developing the next generation of scholars in the field of law and social science. The purpose of the fellowship is to encourage original, significant empirical, interdisciplinary research on the study of law and inequality. Doctoral Fellows will receive a stipend of $35,000 two academic years & Postdoctoral Fellow will receive a stipend of $60,000 three academic years.
The American Bar Foundation (ABF) is recognized as a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization. The American Board of Funeral Service Education (ABFSE) serves as the national academic accreditation agency for college and university programs in Funeral Service and Mortuary Science Education.
- For the doctoral fellowships, applications are invited from outstanding students who are candidates for Ph.D. degrees and who have completed all doctoral requirements except the dissertation by September 1, 2017.
- For the postdoctoral fellowship, applications are invited from scholars who have recently received their Ph.D.s (within the last two years) or who will have completed the dissertation by September 1, 2017.
- Doctoral or proposed research must be in the general area of sociological studies or involve social scientific approaches to the law, legal institutions, or legal processes.
- The research must address significant issues in the field and show promise of a major contribution to the social scientific understanding of law and inequality.
- Students from underrepresented minority groups are especially encouraged to apply.
How to Apply:
Applicants, those who are interested can register or log in through the given link:
Applicants must include:
- A dissertation proposal or writing sample with an outline of the substance and methods of the research
- Two letters of reference, one of which must be from a supervisor of the dissertation
- Curriculum vitae. In addition, at the applicant’s option, a short sample of written work may be submitted.
Financial Aid and Award Money:
The ABF will support several doctoral fellowships and one postdoctoral fellowship.
- Doctoral Fellows will receive a stipend of $35,000 per year for up to two academic years.
- Continuing graduate students will receive benefits through their university.
- The Postdoctoral Fellow will receive a stipend of $60,000 per year for up to three academic years and benefits through the ABF.
- All Fellows will also have access to a modest research account to reimburse expenses associated with research, travel to meet with advisors, or travel to conferences at which papers are presented. Reasonable relocation expenses may be reimbursed on an application.
Application materials must be submitted on or before January 15, 2017, at 11:59 PM eastern time (GMT-5 hours).
Link for More Information:
If you have any question, email at jperez-at-abfn.org