KPMG LLP has announced a new charitable initiative, the KPMG Future Leaders Program, focused on developing future generations of women leaders. KPMG and their partners have committed to investing in young women by funding a scholarship program for high school seniors. The Leaders Program will foster a strong foundation for young women to succeed in college and ultimately in their long-term careers. The winning candidates will receive a KPMG Future Leaders Scholarship of $10,000 per year for 4 years of college.
KPMG is one of the world’s leading professional services firms, providing innovative business solutions and audit, tax and advisory services to many of the world’s largest and most prestigious organizations.
To participate an applicant must:
- Be enrolled as a high school senior female student (traditional or homeschool), progressing normally toward graduation or completion of high school at the end of the 2016-2017 school year, and planning to enroll in a 4-year undergraduate program at a college or university no later than the 2017 fall semester following the completion of high school.
- Be a citizen of the United States, or be a U.S. lawful permanent resident.
- Maintain a minimum GPA of 3.5 or higher.
- Demonstrate exceptional academic and leadership ability.
- Display an interest in a business academic or a STEM track.
- Exhibit strong community involvement.
How to Apply:
Applying for the scholarship, the candidates are required to complete the scholarship application form from the given link:
- Letter of recommendation from a nonprofit organization to be attached to the applicant’s application for review. This person must speak to your character and leadership ability
- Provide a statement of financial need in the essay section of the applicant’s application for review (household income not to exceed $75,000 per year)
- Applicant will also need to provide Federal Pell Grant Program application form or University financial aid application form or a reward letter to either program
- Must be available to attend the three-day KPMG Future Leaders Retreat at Stanford University, July 17-19, 2017
Return the completed application via mail or email:
- Mail at:
Attn: Future Leaders Program
Office of Condoleezza Rice
Hoover Institution, Stanford University
Stanford, CA 94305-6003
- Email at: CRice_FutureLeaders-at-Stanford.edu.
Financial Aid and Award Money:
- Receive a KPMG Future Leaders Scholarship of $10,000 per year for 4 years of college
- Attend a three-day KPMG Future Leaders Retreat the summer before their freshman year of college, at Stanford University in Stanford, CA (July 17-19, 2017). Attendance is mandatory.
- Day 1: Seminars on college life, developing business skills, and social media
- Day 2: Introduction to golf as a business networking tool and building a network
- Day 3: Seminars on leadership, public speaking, and mentorship pairing
- Actively participate in a one year KPMG Future Leaders Mentoring Program
- Each participant will be paired with a mentor, a Next Generation woman leader who attended the KPMG Women’s Leadership Summit
The complete application packet must be submitted by January 30, 2017.
Link for More Information: