Young Musicians Foundation (YMF) is very excited to announce that the application for the 2016/17 YMF David Weiss Memorial Scholarship is now open. The scholarship is available to pianists, vocalists, winds, and strings, ages 8 through 26. The goal of YMF is to inspire young musicians, at every stage of their development, with high caliber music instruction in a supportive environment. YMF Scholars receive awards to use for private music instruction, music camp/school tuition or festival attendance.
The mission of Young Musicians Foundation (YMF) is to unify communities through exceptional classical music experiences for youth.
• Scholarship awards are available to residents and students of California who demonstrate exceptional musical talent.
• Applications are open to pianists, vocalists, winds, and strings, ages 8 through 26.
• If an applicant is not a U.S. citizen and is under age 18, the applicant’s parents must live in California.
How to Apply:
• To be considered for scholarship, you must complete the on-line application form including two video recordings through the given link: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1GLF71bbVxPM5XcDKPP-MvOEbuFcCIFC0lSVxZrFgZX4/edit?usp=forms_home&ths=true
• Submit your $25 application fee via Paypal at the end of the form. The link is: http://www.ymf.org/application-fee-payment-david-weiss-scholarship.html
• Scan and send application materials to koni-at-ymf.org. Including proof of California residency (e.g. copy of driver’s license)
Video Recording Requirements:
• 2 Video recordings must consist of contrasting works, demonstrating different styles and periods.
• Selections must be recorded within last one year.
• Each selection may be maximum of 5 minutes (10 minutes maximum for both pieces together).
• Video recordings may not be edited.
Due to a recent generous donation by the Mu Phi Epsilon LA Alumni Chapter, $1,000 in award money will be available to the top winners of each of the following categories:
• $1,000 – top collegiate pianist
• $1,000 – top collegiate wind/brass player
• $1,000 – top collegiate vocalist
• $1,000 – top collegiate string player
• $1,000 – top pre-collegiate wind/brass player
The application (with required application materials) is due on June 6th, 2016, 5 pm (PST).
Link for More Information: