2016 HIMSS Scholarship is being offered by Healthcare Information and Management Systems Society (HIMSS). The university is providing scholarship opportunity for those who are attending a school in New York State. The scholarship is provided to financially assist a college student. $2,500 amount for a graduate or doctorate level student and $1,500 amount for bachelors or associate’s level student will be granted.
Healthcare Information and Management Systems Society (HIMSS) is a global, non-profit organization. HIMSS leads efforts to optimize health engagements and care outcomes using information technology.
The applicant must be:
- Attending a school in New York State.
- The primary occupation of the applicant at the time the scholarship is awarded must be that of a student in an accredited undergraduate, masters or PhD program related to the healthcare information management systems field.
- Programs similar to those in industrial engineering, operations research, healthcare informatics, computer science and information systems, mathematics, and quantitative programs in business administration and hospital administration will predominate.
- Undergraduate applicants must be at least a first-term junior when the scholarship is awarded.
- Previous scholarship winners are ineligible.
How to Apply:
In order to be a part of this amazing scholarship you must submit a 500 word essay that discusses one of the following three topics:
- How can HIMSS be more impactful in managing the links between the various stakeholders in the Healthcare market?
- What do you see as the greatest impact to improving healthcare delivery in the next two years?
- What do you see as the biggest healthcare industry hurdle(s) in the delivery of healthcare in the US today and why?
Kindly email your essay submission, school affiliation, school program/degree being pursued and complete contact information (first and last name, mailing address, phone number and email address) to: nys.scholarships-at-himsschapter.org
Two scholarships will be awarded:
- $2,500 for a Graduate or Doctorate level student
- $1,500 for Bachelors or Associate’s level student
- Winners will also be provided with a one-year membership to HIMSS
May 13, 2016 is deadline of submitting the complete application package.
Link for more information: