The U.S.-Mexico Foundation (USMF) is proud to announce the launch of the 2016 “Dreamers without Borders” Program. The purpose of this initiative is to provide DACA Dreamers with the opportunity to participate in a life-changing trip to Mexico. The program provides an opportunity for Dreamers of Mexican origin to enhance their sense of identity and pride in their heritage by exploring their country of origin first-hand, in many cases, for the first time since leaving. The US-Mexico Foundation and its partners will select between 75 and 100 individuals to participate in this unique experience. Do not miss this opportunity and apply today.
The U.S.-Mexico Foundation (USMF) is dedicated to strengthening education in Mexico and to developing understanding and cooperation between Mexico and the United States.
• Currently enrolled or recently graduated (no more than five years ago) from University or College
• Currently residing in Chicago, Dallas, Las Vegas, Los Angeles, or New York (Tri-state area)
• From Jalisco, Michoacán, Guanajuato, Guerrero, or Puebla
• Between 20 and 28 years-old
• Left Mexico before the age of 13 years-old
• Have not returned to Mexico since moving to the US
• DACA valid through January 15th, 2017 or later
• Commitment to participate in all activities included in the Program’s agenda while in Mexico
• Is participating or has participated in volunteering activities or community projects (a plus)
• Have not participated in previous Delegations to Mexico sponsored or co-sponsored by the USMF
How to Apply:
For applying the 2016 “Dreamers without Borders” Program, you have to go to the following link and fill out your application.
• Submit a personal essay (max. one-page length) or video (max. 3 minutes). Use the video and the essay to tell us about you and your family story and why you are interested in this program (we strongly encourage you to submit both of them).
• Recommendation Letter from an employer, coworker, professor, nonprofits, or Mexican States’ representations in the US.
• These materials should be in either Spanish or English
• The US-Mexico Foundation and its partners will select between 75 and 100 individuals to participate in this unique experience.
• Selected beneficiaries will be hosted cost-free by the USMF and its partners during a 5-day stay in Mexico City plus five days in their state of origin from December 7th to 17th.
• Additionally, participants will have the opportunity to spend the Holidays with their family
• June 24: Deadline to submit application
• July 15: Announcement of selected beneficiaries
• December 7, 2016, to January 3, 2017: Visit Mexico
Link for More Information:
If you have any questions or comments, feel free to write to llopez-at-usmexicofound.org or call them at 917 216 0495.